So yesterday, I thought my dress was finished. I'd hung it up in the wardrobe, waiting for the warm, sunny weather to arrive.
I had mentioned that although I liked the sleeves, they were rather tight and they restricted movement. Even so as far as I was concerned that was that.
But then Caz suggested I rip out the sleeves and bind the armholes. Why didn't I think of that? This is after all an experimental dress. My hubby was of the opinion I'd ruin it if I start messing around with it, but, no, I thought to myself, I'll definitely do something about the sleeves.
I knew that if I put it to one side I would never get round to altering the dress and then it would probably go unworn, what a waste.
So, I was a woman of action this morning. Sleeves ripped out, armholes bound and what do you know, the dress fits perfectly.
No restriction in movement now. In fact, I had previously said that I thought the waist was a little tight - not any more - it feels very comfortable. I'm so glad I made the adjustment because now I know that for the next dress, I shouldn't alter the waist in any way. It's a pity to lose the sleeves but no point keeping them if they aren't comfortable.
This whole bed sheet dress project has been so worth while. And a big thank you to Caz for her suggestion. It made me realise that I shouldn't view the dress as complete until I was absolutely happy with it.