April already, this year is just whizzing by. It's a rainy day here today, so a quiet knitting day is planned.
I had a bit of a mad cast on, yesterday. Having finished a number of projects earlier in the week, I felt I could treat myself to some new ones.
Firstly, I couldn't wait to start knitting some socks with the yarn Grace bought me for my birthday. Just look at the gorgeous colours in this.
Totally delicious. It's Wendy Roam Fusion in the Force colourway. Here's what we have so far.
Toe cosies! And even better, they match! The colours are about to change to a lovely deep blue, so that's what I'm going to be working on this afternoon.
I've also cast on for another cropped cardigan. Using this wool.
Yes the labels are correct, it was only £1 per 50g ball. The wool has no label but it is soooooo soft. I bought nine balls altogether when I was at Yarndale last year. I've knit 6 rows of rib so far and it really is beautiful to knit with.
And then, just because I can, I cast on for another shawl. Yes I now have more shawls than I need but I love knitting them and it's nice to have a variety of course.
I'm using Knit Global 4 ply yarn in the Summer Berries colourway - there's no way I can ever resist a colour that has "berries" in its name. It'll be a simple feather and fan shawl, very easy to knit.
So that's my knitting projects all up to date.
As far as my stash busting goes, I'm pleased to say that March was a very successful month. In total I busted 1410g of yarn, and that's allowing for the 200g of new yarn that found its way into the stash. Obviously things were helped along by the generous donation of yarn to Grace, but it all counts. So my running total of stash that has been busted since the weigh-in in February, is 2.165 kg - that's just under 5 lbs in imperial weights - so I'm very pleased. It's 1/9th of my total stash. It's all looking good for Yarndale later in the year!
I haven't mentioned my embroidery project for quite a while, so I thought I'd give a glimpse of where I'm at. If you remember, I was embroidering 54 squares, while I was still 54. And amazingly, I did get them all finished before my birthday. I got into a lovely rhythm of a square a day, and it was a very pleasurable project to work on.
So now I have the task of joining them all. I'm using the English Paper Piecing technique to make three inch squares. I've tacked them all up and here they are.
Here's a close up of some of them.
Plenty of variety in them. I'm now looking forward to planning the layout of the squares to make my wall hanging. There's still a lot of work to be done, but it's coming along nicely.
And finally - gosh I have had a productive week - I made some spicy fruity biscuits.
They have nearly all gone, so delicious. So that's me, keeping busy and enjoying my creative life.
Have a lovely weekend, may your days be filled with love and inspiration.