Thursday, 26 April 2012

Eveline's Motif

Thank you for your lovely comments on the reworking of my very first crochet motif.


As requested, I have written out the pattern.  In honour of my Gran, who instructed me in the original making of this motif, I have named the pattern after her.

The PDF version of this pattern is available, HERE.

The measurements of the motif are as follows:
Double knitting version – 13 cm (5 inches)
Sport weight version – 9.5 cm (4 inches)
4 ply version – 8 cm ( 3 inches)
#10 crochet cotton version – 5.5 cm (2 inches)


You will need oddments in the yarn weight of your choice, a crochet hook appropriate for the yarn weight – and that’s all. 
Please note that in all of my patterns I use UK crochet terms.
The American equivalents are as follows:
tr = USA dc
dc = USA sc
Other abbreviations:
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
sp = space
sts = stitches

Using the yarn of your choice and an appropriate sized hook, make ch 6 and join into a ring with a sl st.
Round 1: 3 ch (counts as 1st tr), 15 tr into ring.  Join with a sl st into 1st tr. (16 sts)
Round 2: 5 ch (counts as 1st tr and 2 ch), 1 tr, 2 ch into each st to end.  Join with a sl st into 1st tr. (16 spaces)
Round 3: sl st into next sp, 3 ch (counts as 1st tr), 2 tr in same sp, 1 ch, (3 tr into next sp, 1 ch) to end.  Join with a sl st into 1st tr.
Round 4: sl st into next 2 tr and into 1 ch sp, 1 ch, 1 dc in same sp, 5 ch, (miss 3 tr, 1 dc in next ch sp, 5 ch) to end. Join with a sl st into 1st dc.
Round 5: (5 dc into next 5 ch loop, sl st into dc) to end. 
Fasten off and neaten all loose ends. 

You can of course experiments with different colour combinations. 


I hope you enjoy this pattern.  

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely... thanks for taking the trouble to write it all out.. I shall have a go tonight :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty motif-I think I shall have to try it out soon,I especially love the pink and white one! Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I really appreciate this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pattern, its a really pretty motif!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so pretty and simple for a beginner like me.

    ReplyDelete